Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is one of the most popular family reunion destinations in the country! Located just a day’s drive from 60% of the nation’s population, the Smokies are a convenient meeting place if your relatives live all across America. To help you plan your Pigeon Forge family reunion, Moose Hollow Lodge has put together the following four steps for organizing your getaway.
1. Make a Guest ListThe first step to planning your family reunion is deciding who you want to invite. When you stay at Moose Hollow Lodge, you can feel free to reach out to all of your aunts, uncles, and cousins, because this cabin can accommodate up to 56 guests! With three levels and nine large bedrooms, Moose Hollow Lodge is one of the biggest vacation rentals in Pigeon Forge. Once you have come up with a tentative guest list, start tracking down everyone’s phone numbers and email addresses so you can get in touch with them.
2. Contact Your RelativesReach out to all of the family members on your list to gauge their interest and to determine which dates they are available. Trying to plan your Pigeon Forge family reunion around a long weekend is a good way to maximize your chances of having a big turnout. Here are some three day weekends that you may want to consider for your reunion:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Third Monday of January
- Presidents Day – Third Monday of February
- Memorial Day – Last Monday of May
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – First Monday in September
- Columbus Day – Second Monday in October
- Veterans Day – November 11