Frequently Asked Questions
We get it, planning a vacation can be confusing. We hope these frequently asked questions help. If you still have questions, contact us at 1-301-238-5133 and we will be happy to help.
What is the check in time and procedure?
Enjoy the convenience of automation. You will be emailed a unique cabin code prior to your arrival. This code will allow you to go directly to the lodge.
- Check in time is 10AM, please do not attempt to arrive early than the allocated time.
- When you arrive at the lodge, inspect all items and report anything out of the ordinary.
What time is check in and what is the check out procedure?
Please complete the following prior to leaving the lodge on the day of your checkout.
- Call reservations at 301-238-5133 to validate the lodge is secure and the alarm can be armed
- When you leave everything should be how you found it.
- Close all doors and windows and lock them
- Place all used towels and wash clothes in the tub to indicate they have been used.
- Leave all linen on the beds.
- Wash the dishes and wipe down the counter tops
- All trash should be bagged, tied and placed in the trash containers next to the pool house.
- Make sure you do a walk through and make sure you didn’t leave any personal belongings
- No trash including cups, paper items, boxes etc should be left in or outside of the lodge. Police the deck to make sure there is no trash present.
- If you hold an event and bring items such as pallets or supplies, you must take those with you.
What complementary items are provided by Moose Hollow Lodge?
The following complementary items are provided and are available upon your arrival. You will mostly likely use more than the initial supply so it is highly encouraged you purchase more of these items for your use.
- Toilet Paper
- Bar soap
- Paper Towels
- Salt & Pepper
- Coffee (Filter packets with coffee in them)
- Sugar and creamer
- Kitchen Trash Bags (recommend you purchase large green lawn bags for the heavy bulk of your trash)
- Makeup remover packets (please do not remove makeup with the white wash clothes)
What is the kitchen stocked with?
The kitchen is very well stocked with the following items. Please note, even though we try to keep the kitchen fully stocked there are times when items break between reservations which could take time to repair. It is also highly encouraged to bring paper products so you are not spending your entire vacation washing dishes from all your guests.
- Two sinks
- One dish washer
- Three Ovens
- One Microwave
- Full size refrigerator
- Full size freezer
- Plenty of silverware to service the max capacity in the cabin (56)
- Plenty of dishes to service the max capacity in the cabin (56)
- Commercial Bunn coffee maker with hot water dispenser
- Commercial ice maker which will produce enough ice for all your guests
- One Mixer
- One Crock Pot
- Plenty of pots, pans and cooking utensils
Can we provide our own alcohol on site?
- We do not provide alcohol however if you are of age you are welcome to enjoy your vacation or event.
- Please keep in mind that there are other cabins in the area and quiet time starts at 10pm
Can I stream Netflix in the theater?
- Yes, the DVD player is a smart DVD player so you can log in to Netflix and stream your favorite movies. Please note that the WIFI connection may be used my many of your fellow guests which could limit your connection and speed.
What is the max capacity of the lodge and chapel
What is the maximum capacity of Moose Hollow Lodge and the chapel?
- The max capacity of the lodge is 56.
- The max capacity of the chapel is approximately 80 with additional seating that you may provide.
Are there other places I can hold my wedding on site?
Setting up for the wedding can be a big chore. We have developed a luxury wedding website just for your special occasion. By visiting this site you can gather ideas from past beautiful Smoky Mountain Weddings. Let your mind explore all the possibilities!
- The chapel can be used for your reception and or wedding.
- We have had many weddings and receptions in the parking lot. There are local vendors that will bring tents, tables and chairs and set them up in the parking lot.
- Weddings have been performed on the deck with the great view in the background
- There is even an area in front of the deck that people have used, it looked amazing.
Are we allowed to bring alcohol on site?
- Yes, as long as you are legally of age alcohol is permitted
- Moose Hollow Lodge does not serve alcohol
We are thinking about having a few meals catered. Who can we hire?
Here are a couple of personal chefs that will come to Moose Hollow Lodge and either plate serve or great a buffet meal for you. They are both great and come highly recommended.
Is there a fire pit or can we build a fire outside?
No, there are no fire-pits or places for camp fires on the property.
Is Moose Hollow Lodge handy-cap accessible?
The short answer is yes and no. Moose Hollow Lodge is not a certified handicap building as there are steps in the entry ways and no bathrooms are equipped for handicap. Though we are not certified the middle level has access to four bedrooms, the main living area and kitchen. There are no elevators on the property.
We are a college group, can we rent Moose Hollow Lodge?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Due to past problems with college groups damaging property and not following rules, this is no longer permitted.