Reserve Moose Hollow Lodge Now
Select your dates below to reserve Moose Hollow Lodge
Moose Hollow Lodge Terms & Conditions
Moose Hollow owners and Staff welcome you to the beautiful Smoky Mountains! Please note the following. This cabin is privately owned and we ask that you treat their cabins and lodges just as you would like someone to treat yours.
1. Reservation Requirements: An advanced reservation payment will be required to confirm your reservation. The amount required is $3000.00 for all reservations regardless of the number of nights booked. Reservations made under false pretenses of any kind will result in the forfeiture of all monies paid as well as the cancellation of your reservation.
2. Cancellations: Once your reservation deposit has been received, there will be no refunds given within 90 days of your arrival except through coverage under CSA Travel Protection Insurance. If you choose to cancel outside of 90 days 100% of your deposit will be refunded less the $50.00 processing and $200.00 Credit Card fees ($250.00). If you have purchased CSA Travel Insurance contact them at (866) 999-4018.
3. Payments: Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, personal checks and money orders. If paying your advanced reservation payment by check, it must be received within 7 days of the tentative reservation being made to avoid being cancelled. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If booking within 30 days of arrival, total payment must be made at the time of reservation.
4. Property Damages: Any damages to property which results in replacement of items or additional labor to bring the property back to rentable condition will be charged to guests. Examples: Smoking where prohibited (indoors), climbing out the window and walking on the roof, beer and liquid spills and spraying on walls etc.
5. Age Requirements: You must be 25 years of age to rent this unit unless a waiver is given in writing. Proof of age required. Reservations made under false pretenses will be evicted and forfeiture of all monies paid. Units are monitored for violations.
6. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
7. Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911.
8. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
9. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the two bins located on the property during their stay so it can be picked up. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals
10. The Tenants shall pay for any cleaning or damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
11. Pets Policy: No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises without permission from the home owner or manager, if approved there will be a $75.00 pet fee.
12. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
13. Maximum Occupancy: The Tenants shall have no more than  persons reside or sleep on the premises.
14. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and Pool and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
15. Smoking: There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
16. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tennant (initial supplies are provided). No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them…
17. The Tenants and Tenants’ Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
18. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
19. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
20. We occasionally experience electrical or internet outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
21. Acts of God: There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions. Landlord shall not be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with guest occupancy, included but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, inclement weather or any other unforeseen incidents outside of our control. No refund will be offered in these circumstances.
22. College Organizations: Due to past problems with college organizations not respecting the property, we no longer rent to fraternities / sororities or anyone that is under the age of 25.
23. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
24. Pool Policy: It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool. Tenant agrees to have responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the pool. Tenant is hereby notified that the pool can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. Tenant is further notified to be cautious when exiting the rear of the home as the pool is open and in close proximity to the entry ways and can be a hazard. There are no rails to prevent a fall into the pool. Moose Hollow owners are not responsible for injuries resulting from pool use. Pool cabins do not have onsite life guards, therefore swimming is at your own risk and all swimming must be supervised by an adult. Upon exiting the pool area all doors and windows must be secured to maintain security and proper humidity levels. No renters or guests thereof are permitted to change any pool water or room temperatures.
25. Fire Arms: Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws. AIRSOFT GUNS ARE STRICTLY BANNED AT ALL OF OUR RENTAL PROPERTIES! ANY EVIDENCE OF THEIR USE WITHIN ONE OF OUR PROPERTIES WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY OF AT LEAST $300 BUT NOT LESS THAN $100, NO EXCEPTIONS!
26. Fireworks: Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
27. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
28. Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. The owner’s closet is located downstairs next to the bar and under the stairs.
29. Tenant is advised that the property contains a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, gas grill, and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
30. The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
31. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
32. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
33. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items. Tenant is responsible for the cost of returning any items.
34. Satellite TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
35. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
36. Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 75 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
37. Housekeeping / Maid Service: A basic supply of linen is provided. Bed linens and bath towels are not changed during your stay. We will notice the difference and will charge for our missing towels. Missing towels are NOT covered under your damage waiver protection plan. We provide an initial supply of hand soap, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, garbage bags, toilet tissue and paper towels. Guest are responsible for replenishing should they need extra while staying with us. Guests should bring any personal articles, food and drink, coffee filters, napkins, foil, etc. Washers and dryers are in most units for your convenience. Any lost, damaged or stolen linens are subject to a $200 replacement fee, any lost, damaged, or stolen towels of ANY size are subject to a $100 replacement fee. Additional cleans during your stay can be arranged, please call for pricing and details.
38. Maintenance: During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to housekeeping. Do not leave doors or windows open while the HVAC system is in operation. Do not put the HVAC unit on ‘fan’ – ever. Moose Hollow staff may enter the unit to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay. We make every effort to keep each property and its equipment in good working order. We will strive to make any repairs as soon as possible. We cannot guarantee HVAC, TV’s, appliances, etc. NO REFUNDS OR RATE ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE FOR MECHANICAL FAILURES.
39. Check-In: Check-in is 4 pm on the scheduled day of arrival. Occasionally, due to unavoidable circumstances, a property may not be ready for Check-In at 4:00 pm. Due to difficulties permitting early check-ins there in the past we WILL NOT authorize early access to the lodge. No guests will be permitted entry to the lodge while maintenance and cleaners are working hard to make your vacation an enjoyable one. We ask that you schedule your flight and arrival times to coincide with this policy. If you desire to arrive earlier than your guests to set up for events or place food in the lodge we recommend you setting their arrival time a sufficient time after 4:00 pm to give you ample time for making necessary arrangements or reserve an additional day on the front or back-end of your reservation. Check-In will not be permitted until your rental account has been paid in full, including taxes and any other fees. Do NOT attempt to enter the unit without prior approval.
40. Check-Out: Check out is no later than 10 am EST the day you are scheduled to leave. At Check-Out, Moose Hollow owners request that Guests clean all dishes; set thermostat to 60 degrees (in heat mode) during winter and 77 degrees (in cooling mode) during summer; turn off all electrical items including lights and fans; secure hot tub covers; secure all doors and windows; and place trash in the outdoor receptacles. The need for excessive cleaning will incur an additional charge.